Forklift Training – A Forklift truck is a machine equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other attachment. This definition also includes a truck on which the operator is raised with the attachment for order picking.
Course: TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a Forklift Truck
Aus Loadshifting provides forklift training in operating a Forklift Truck (LF).Our LF courses can be completed onsite at your workplace or you can attend our training facility.
Our course educators are available in Sydney’s Western suburbs, Inner West, CBD, North Shore, Central West NSW and other locations by negotiation Our trainers all hold a certificate IV in training and assessment and are SafeWork NSW accredited, they also have years of experience in the education and Earth moving industries.
Our course includes both theory and practical training on the machines and an assessment. There is no minimum or maximum course length and the time varies due to each person’s different skill set. The average time for completing the course is over a 2 day period.
Forklift Training Course Information
- Pre-operational checks
- Post-start operational checks
- Hazard prevention/control measures
- Unplanned and/or unsafe situations
- General operations
- Machine shut down
Assessment: The assessment contains two parts
- Knowledge assessment – Written/oral exam containing both short answer and multiple choice questions. Each test varies in length and contains critical questions which must be answered correctly.
- Performance assessment – A driving assessment which will include a pre-operation check, post-operation checks and general machine operations.
- If an applicant is successful a Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (NSA) is issued. This NSA, Application and fee must be lodged with Australia post within 60 days of the assessment to receive your ticket.
- If an applicant is not successful they will be issued with an assessment summary (AS). An applicant cannot operate a Forklift under an AS. An AS is valid for 90 days. Reassessment conducted within this 90 daysis only on the components the applicant was deemed not yet competent.
Course requirements: Applicants must be 18 years or older. There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Forklift Trucks which may be used to complete the course include counterbalanced Forklift, Reach Forklifts, rough terrain Forklifts, Internal combustion petrol, diesel, gas and/or electric Forklifts.
TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a Forklift Truck is a course governed by ASQA. You can verify the course credentials and our RTO status at http://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/91544