A skid steer loader is a self-propelled wheeled machine which steering is accomplished by skidding or reversing the wheels or tracks on one side of the machine. It has an integral front-mounted bucket-supporting structure and linkage which loads or excavates through forward motion of the machine and lifts, transports and discharges materials.
Course: RIIMPO318E Conduct Civil Construction Skid Steer Loader Operations
Aus Loadshifting provides training in civil construction skid steer operations (skid steer loader LS). Our LS courses can be completed onsite at your workplace or you can attend our training facility. Our course educators are available in Sydney’s Western suburbs, Inner West, CBD, North Shore, Central West NSW and other locations by negotiation Our trainers all hold a certificate IV in training and assessment and are WorkCover accredited, they also have years of experience in the education and Earth moving industries.
Our course includes both theory and practical training on the machines and an assessment. There is no minimum or maximum course length and the time varies due to each person’s different skill set. The average time for completing the course is over a 2 day period.
Course Trainers and Assessors
- Planning and preparing
- Conducting machine pre-operational checks
- Operating Skid steer loaders
- Lifting, carrying and placing materials
- Selecting, removing and fitting attachments
- Relocating the Skid steer loader
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance
- Cleaning up
Assessment: The assessment contains two parts
- Knowledge assessment – Written/oral exam containing both short answer and multiple choice questions. Each test varies in length and contains critical questions which must be answered correctly.
- Performance assessment – A driving assessment which will include a pre-operation check, post-operation checks and general machine operations.
- If an applicant receives a competent result they will receive an interim paper licence titled “Notice of satisfactory completion of course”, with this you can operate the machine and it is valid for 60 days post assessment. You will then receive an official “Statement of attainment” and a photo card in the post. Your qualification will also be registered on the national database.
- If an applicant is deemed not yet competent you are provided support and further training before you undergo a reassessment. During your reassessment you only complete the areas where you were deemed not yet competent.
Course requirements: Applicants must be 18 years or older. There are no pre-requisites for this course.
You can verify the course credentials and our RTO status at http://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/91544
RIIMPO318E Conduct Civil Construction Skid Steer Loader Operations is a course governed by ASQA.