A Front-end Loader is a self-propelled machine with a front-mounted square wide bucket connected to the end of two booms (arms) which are used to scoop materials and move them from place to another. The loader can either be wheeled or tracked.
Course: RIIMPO321B (Wheeled) or RIIMPO322A (Tracked) Conduct Loader operations
Aus Loadshifting provides training in Conduct Loader operations (LL). Our LL courses can only be completed onsite at your workplace. Our course educators are available in Sydney’s Western suburbs, Inner West, CBD, North Shore, Central West NSW and other locations by negotiation. Our trainers all hold a certificate IV in training and assessment and are WorkCover accredited, they also have years of experience in the education and Earth moving industries.
Our course includes both theory and practical training on the machines and an assessment. There is no minimum or maximum course length and the time varies due to each person’s different skill set. The average time for completing the course is over a 2 day period.
Course Trainers and Assessors
- Planning and preparing
- Conducting machine pre-operational checks
- Operating backhoe/loader
- Lifting, carrying and placing materials
- Selecting removing and fitting attachments
- Relocating the backhoe/loader
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance
- Cleaning up
Assessment: The assessment contains two parts
- Knowledge assessment – Written/oral exam containing both short answer and multiple choice questions. Each test varies in length and contains critical questions which must be answered correctly.
- Performance assessment – A driving assessment which will include a pre-operation check, post-operation checks and general machine operations.
- If an applicant is successful a Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (NSA) is issued. This NSA, Application and fee must be lodged with Australia post within 60 days of the assessment to receive your ticket.
- If an applicant is not successful they will be issued with an assessment summary (AS). An applicant cannot operate a Forklift under an AS. An AS is valid for 90 days. Reassessment conducted within this 90 days is only on the components the applicant was deemed not yet competent.
Course requirements: Applicants must be 18 years or older. There are no pre-requisites for this course.
RIIMPO321B (Wheeled) or RIIMPO322A (Tracked) Conduct Loader operations is a course governed by ASQA. You can verify the course credentials and our RTO status at http://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/91544